Monday, April 21, 2014

A new week...

Dinner at Joes' Secret Garden Saturday night was excellent as always.  Many of our friends were there and we made several new friends.  That's one of my favorite things about the dinner club.  The other, of course, is the delicious food.  

FRIENDS:





FOOD:







In a previous post I mentioned that Poinsettia's are actually trees.  Below is another example.  So pretty.


I have attempted to make cornbread here three times.  All attempts have been unsuccessful.  The main reason is due to a lack of cornmeal like we have in the USA.  However, the meal that is available makes excellent grits!!


I saw these mannequins in a store window and had to share with you.


Mike and I may check out Banos tomorrow.  The town is a few miles from Cuenca, five miles I believe.  The town is famous for their Spas and Hot Springs direct from the heart of the volcano.  The place we plan to visit is called Piedra de Agua - Fuente Termal & Spa.  















No comments:

Post a Comment