Saturday, September 5, 2015

St. Simons Island, GA

After our month log stay in Boston we moved on to St. Simons Island. 


We enjoyed long walks on the beach at St. Simons and Jekyll Islands. 








Made friends with a little squirrel. 


And took shelter from a sudden thunderstorm. 


The sunsets were beautiful. 




And of course we had to eat!



These alligators are outside the restaurant. Customers enjoy watching and feeding them. 


We snacked on boiled peanuts. 


Had lunch with our friend Star in Downtown Brunswick, GA. 


I enjoyed my favorite dish, on the water, at Latitude 31 on Jekyll Island, GA. 



Ribs at our favorite restaurant on St. Simons - Southern Soul BBQ!!



Yummy flounder from Iguana's. 


Enjoyed a yogurt I had not tried before. 


And picked up some yummy Spam with Bacon!!


We also had the opportunity to visit with Mike's family. We met at our usual place, Pizza Inn, for the buffet. 




We also took time to visit the Hofwyl-Broadfield Plantation. It was a great look into the past. 



















We had a wonderful time for the week we were there. We look forward to our next visit. 




1 comment:

  1. Hello, I am trying to locate my cousin, Houston Vissage, but the phone numbers that I have are no longer valid. (In searching his name, I discovered your blog and that you visited him in GA.)
    Could you share my email address with him? RALDURRTP@gmail.com. Thank you, James

    ReplyDelete