Wednesday, December 11, 2013

NYC!

I visited New York City Saturday thru Tuesday.  I was finally able to visit The Metropolitan Museum of Art.  It was something I wanted to do for a very long time.  Saw a lot of famous paintings and sculptures, among many other works of art.  Spent an entire day there.  However, one day is not enough time if you want to see the entire collection.  I hit the highlights and came away feeling happy.  It was also a pleasant surprise to have experienced snow falling in NYC while walking around Times Square and while viewing the holiday window decorations at the many retail stores. Happened upon an organ recital at St. Thomas church.  Walked in and enjoyed the magnificent pipe organ. Also enjoyed a coffee at Trump Plaza while drying off and warming up a bit.  Got to see the Christmas tree and ice skaters at Rockefeller Center and witnessed a marriage proposal on the ice! The hotel was located in the Financial District.  Outside the window I had a great view of the new World Trade Center buildings and could see a little bit of The Empire State Building.  One thing I noticed in NYC is that everyone was so nice and pleasant.  It was definately a trip to remember! Oh, and I got to be a witness for a same-sex couple that got married at the City Clerks office.  And, they recipricated.

Thanks for viewing my blog.  If you haven't already, make sure you subscribe so that you receive an email each time I post.


No comments:

Post a Comment